I do not agree with the way celebrities are treated by the paparazzi. There is no question that the paparazzi do not care about the lives of celebrities; they simply wish to make money by invading their personal lives. Oftentimes, we forget that there is a human being behind the lens of the camera, and not just simply a name. We should remember that all humans are entitled to dignity, solitude, and peace.
Seeing as the main goal of the paparazzi is to capture images and/or videos of celebrities while they are out and about, it is difficult to state the exact example of going “too far”. However, I personally think that the paparazzi have no right to directly cut into personal lives without permission from the celebrity themselves. For example, sneaking into the house of a celebrity is morally wrong, and I consider that to be “too far”.
The paparazzi uses media networks to their advantage to post personal news about famous individuals because our culture is very immersed in technology. The targeted audiences of the paparazzi are children and teenagers; also known as the new generation. Since the new generation is almost always online, it makes sense that the paparazzi would take advantage of media networks to post personal news about celebrities. I personally don’t see the harm in using media networks to post personal information because I feel that it is not too different from writing information in magazines, newspaper, etc. The internet is simply another form of media, and it is used by businesses and individuals worldwide to exploit people. So, why shouldn’t the paparazzi use it too?
Last year, Justin Bieber was stalked by a car while he was driving in California. The paparazzi within the car shouted insults at him, distracted him from fully pertaining to the act of driving, and was refused to leave after Justin had repeatedly asked him to do so. I do not agree with the way Justin Bieber was treated. I feel that a teenager such as himself should be able to live his life in peace, and not be bothered by unwanted paparazzi every second of his life.
I would feel very upset if someone invaded my privacy. I feel that no one should be allowed to view my private life unless I give them permission to. If the paparazzi exploited me in the same was that they exploit other celebrities, I would feel utterly violated and helpless.
No comments:
Post a Comment